From: vorth@gt-stratus.UUCP (Scott Vorthmann)
Subject: newsgroup(s) about structure editors and programming env.s
Date: Fri, 20-Dec-85 11:04:26 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Fri Dec 20 11:04:26 1985

-------

	Is there any interest out there for a newsgroup (or two) devoted to
structure/syntax-directed/language-oriented editors and/or integrated
programming/software-engineering environments?  I'm posting this to the
two newsgroups I believe might hold the largest number of interested
readers.  For Ada, this might amount to a newsgroup for discussing APSE's;
for Modula-2, there are already 1 or 2 products available which provide
more than just a compiler, and are certainly worthy of discussion.

	Well, how about it?  I have a vested interest, since I'm doing my
thesis work in this area, but I know there are lots of places (mostly
academic) working on such.

	Please note:  I'd be delighted to hear from anyone by mail, but I'm
not doing any type of formal interest survey.  I just want to generate
interest; I don't have the know-how to spur formation of the desired
newsgroups.

Scott Vorthmann

USMail: The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
ATT: (404) 894-6170 (work),  (404) 872-9995 (home)

CSNet:	Vorth @ GATech		ARPA:	Vorth%GATech.CSNet @ CSNet-Relay.ARPA
uucp:	...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!vorth