From: sdl@linus.UUCP
Subject: Re:  Ada Compiler Demolition Derby
Date: Sun, 20-Jul-86 17:06:33 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Sun Jul 20 17:06:33 1986

I tried your seven compiler breakers on the DEC VAX Ada compiler,
T1.2-12.  (VAX/VMS).

Two results don't fit your categories.  For (illegal) programs 05 and
06, the compiler reported the correct diagnostic, but then hung (or
infinite looped).  I have taken the liberty of calling this new
category of behavior, category H (program shouldn't compile, and
compiler complains, but hangs anyway).

Also, note that the DEC VAX Ada also believes that 03 and 04 are
illegal.  That's three compilers so far.

So, here are the results:

01	D	(program illegal, compiler complains)
02	A	(program legal, compiler compiles it)
03 	B	(program legal, compiler complains)
04	B	(program legal, compiler complains)
05	H	(program illegal, compiler complains but hangs)
06	H	(program illegal, compiler complains but hangs)
07	A	(program legal, compiler compiles it)

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford
UUCP:  ...{allegra,decvax,genrad,ihnp4,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl