From: agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!network.ucsd.edu!mvb.saic.com!dayton.saic.com!data.a ar.wpafb.af.mil!Hopper@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (James Hopper)
Subject: Re: Selected Reuse Library Listing
Date: 24 Jun 93 13:30:27 GMT	[thread overview]

Michael,
Basically i agree we should just ignore the flamers. I have
practiced that for a long time with people like Ted who
oviously have nothing to contribute but noise.  Greg is at
least good enough to critisize. as several people have
pointed out he does have good information and ideas its
just that lately it seems they are getting lost in the noise
of his emotions.  i could wish he would get hold of himself.

secondly, this post was special as it was attacking someone
who was providing excellent information to this group and
appears to be new to it, at least as relates to posting
this info.  letting people like greg attack them, and leaving
it unanswered can imply agreement in the eyes of necommers.
i guess i felt it was like he was being rude to a very
welcome guest, and i didnt want that guest to go away
mad!

Sorry if i wasted bandwidth in doing it.  But unopposed claims
like gregs can be very damaging to the industry when read by
newcomers who don't know gregs background.  Perhaps we should
set up a designated answerer to post a single resoned response
to each of gregs flames of this type ;-)  jim