From: Lionel Draghi <lionel.draghi@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: LEA - Lightweight Editor for Ada - First (early) binary release, v 0.5.
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 14:28:06 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-11-17T14:28:06-08:00	[thread overview]

> Separate question; I gather "SciLexer.dll" is a lexer; where is the source for that (I'm always looking for a better lexer)?

Hi Gautier,

I am also looking for a better lexer !

For archicheck https://github.com/LionelDraghi/ArchiCheck, I need a lib that is providing simple parsing functionnalities for commonly used language (I don't need to write a specific parser).

Archicheck is currently using OpenToken. The provided Ada lexer is OK, but the Java lexer is bugging (at first glance, on Javadocs comments, with @ characters).
I could probably fix it, but that would just postpone the problem : as I dont want to create (and maintain) a lexer, and OpenToken doesn't provides C++, C, etc. lexer, I am looking for something else.

I'm using scite on Linux, so I suppose that scintilla is at least available on Linux and Windows, and lots of languages are supported. It could match my needs.
Did you use the lexer lib directly, and is it worth considering it for my usage, in your opinion?

Thanks,

Lionel