* Eclipse, gnatbench and sublipse
@ 2012-05-02 20:21 björn lundin
From: björn lundin @ 2012-05-02 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!
I try to use eclipse as my IDE, with gnatbench, on Linux.
However I have trouble makin subclipse understand that it is a svn handled working copy as well.

I had a checked out working copy ,
used 'import' via gnatbench, and pointed at the .gpr file.
eclipse created a workspace, in $HOME/workspace with (sym)links to the actual root of the project.
the .svn directories are there, but I cannot manage to get subclipse to recognize the working copy.

Any ideas?

--
Björn Lundin

* Re: Eclipse, gnatbench and sublipse
@ 2012-05-04  1:27 ` onox
From: onox @ 2012-05-04  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 2, 10:21 pm, björn lundin <b.f.lun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I try to use eclipse as my IDE, with gnatbench, on Linux.
> However I have trouble makin subclipse understand that it is a svn handled working copy as well.
>
> I had a checked out working copy ,
> used 'import' via gnatbench, and pointed at the .gpr file.
> eclipse created a workspace, in $HOME/workspace with (sym)links to the actual root of the project.
> the .svn directories are there, but I cannot manage to get subclipse to recognize the working copy.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Björn Lundin

Have you tried importing the project from SVN? Not sure that's gonna
fix it, couldn't find any reference to SVN in the various .project
files I have on my system.

You could also try the Subversive plug-in. My personal experience is
that both plug-ins are complete crap. Maybe you should also try
something like a DVCS instead of SVN... and GPS instead of Eclipse ;)

* Re: Eclipse, gnatbench and sublipse
@ 2012-05-04  1:39   ` Britt
From: Britt @ 2012-05-04  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 3, 9:27 pm, onox <denkpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 10:21 pm, björn lundin <b.f.lun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I try to use eclipse as my IDE, with gnatbench, on Linux.
> > However I have trouble makin subclipse understand that it is a svn handled working copy as well.
>
> > I had a checked out working copy ,
> > used 'import' via gnatbench, and pointed at the .gpr file.
> > eclipse created a workspace, in $HOME/workspace with (sym)links to the actual root of the project.
> > the .svn directories are there, but I cannot manage to get subclipse to recognize the working copy.
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> > --
> > Björn Lundin
>
> Have you tried importing the project from SVN? Not sure that's gonna
> fix it, couldn't find any reference to SVN in the various .project
> files I have on my system.
>
> You could also try the Subversive plug-in. My personal experience is
> that both plug-ins are complete crap. Maybe you should also try
> something like a DVCS instead of SVN... and GPS instead of Eclipse ;)

In the past I've used GNATbench and Subclipse together on a Windows
host and that combination worked fine. I don't currently have a Linux
box at home or I'd try to duplicate the setup (although I'd never
choose SVN for version control if it were up to me).

* Re: Eclipse, gnatbench and sublipse
@ 2012-05-04  6:33     ` björn lundin
From: björn lundin @ 2012-05-04  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, thanks for replying. Both eclipse and svn are company policy, but good to know that it worked at least on windows at some point.
--
Björn lundin