From: erickson@atlas.cs.nps.navy.mil (David Erickson)
Subject: Graphical User Interfaces in Ada
Date: 5 Apr 91 17:51:35 GMT	[thread overview]

Are there any high-level GUI builders available for Ada
applications running under X, Microsoft Windows, or the Macintosh
Desktop Interface?

I am teaching a course in user-interface design, to students who
program mostly in Ada, and who have access to Macintoshes/Meridian Ada,
PCs/Integrada or AdaZ, and Suns/Verdix Ada.

I want to concentrate on the design aspects, rather than the low-level
programming aspects, but I would like the students to complete a working
course project.

The kind of functionality I am looking for is a tool which has editors for
each of the standard widgits (I am less interested in having the students
create new, non-standard controls), which generates the event loop and handles
the low-level details, and calls the appropriate user-supplied Ada procedures.

-Dave Erickson