* Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-06 21:51 A Moore
From: A Moore @ 2008-03-06 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
one. Can you help?

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-06 22:28 ` Pascal Obry
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Pascal Obry @ 2008-03-06 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A Moore

A Moore a �crit :
> I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
> one. Can you help?

On which platform?

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-07  1:24   ` Gene
From: Gene @ 2008-03-07  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 6, 5:28 pm, Pascal Obry <pas...@obry.net> wrote:
> A Moore a écrit :
>
> > I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
> > one. Can you help?
>
> On which platform?
>
> Pascal.

For Windows there is a thine OpenGL and GLUT binding that works as-is
with GNAT 3.15p at http://www.eecs.usma.edu/research/  .  We've been
using it for student projects for a long time.  This year a colleague
got it working with the GAP 2007 distribution (which I believe is the
same as GPL 2007).  If there is interest, I will post it.

Gene

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-07  7:18 ` anon
From: anon @ 2008-03-07  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try

http://www.adapower.com     for some links and examples and

http://adaopengl.sourceforge.net/    for binding!

You will also need

AdaBindX

In <CIZzj.1$KM.0@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>, A Moore <happyjoe@dontemail.com> writes:
>I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
>one. Can you help?

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-07  7:41     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2008-03-07  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gene

Gene,

For windows I have a binding (probably not complete) and some demos
using GLUT and OpenGL on my home page.

    http://www.obry.net/contrib

The page is in French, look for "GLUT for GNAT NT". Package updated on
15/09/2007.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-07  9:56 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2008-03-07  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
> one. Can you help?

Sure:
http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/gdm/g3d.htm
Under ./bindings you find GL bindings; parts that are not common to
all platforms are in subdirectories.
The latest version is the SVN tree on the SourceForge site:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/globe3d

HTH
Gautier

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-03-08  0:48 ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2008-03-08  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 6, 9:51 pm, A Moore <happy...@dontemail.com> wrote:
> I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
> one. Can you help?

I haven't touched these in years, they do compile with 32-bit Linux
though.

http://www.geocities.com/munkee_chuff/gl.html

Luke.

* Re: Ada-OpenGL bindings?
@ 2008-03-08  5:29     ` Gene
From: Gene @ 2008-03-08  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 6, 8:24 pm, Gene <gene.ress...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 5:28 pm, Pascal Obry <pas...@obry.net> wrote:
>
> > A Moore a écrit :
>
> > > I have unsuccessfully searched for these, and found not a single working
> > > one. Can you help?
>
> > On which platform?
>
> > Pascal.
>
> For Windows there is a thine OpenGL and GLUT binding that works as-is
> with GNAT 3.15p athttp://www.eecs.usma.edu/research/ .  We've been
> using it for student projects for a long time.  This year a colleague
> got it working with the GAP 2007 distribution (which I believe is the
> same as GPL 2007).  If there is interest, I will post it.
>
> Gene

I should have mentioned that the binding I mentioned is merely an
update of Mark Kilgard's old one.

The down side is that it's _very_ thin.  Probably too thin.  Looks
like it was done mostly with some tool.

On the other hand, I re-implemented the Asteroids game that was
included with Mark's distribution and made it nearly complete.  It
makes a nice introduction to the callback architecture of OpenGL for
folks seeing this kind of thing for the first time.  Lots of fun, too.