From: cis.ohio-state.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!usenet.ins.cwru.edu!agate!do
Subject: Re: Defending Greg
Date: 21 Jun 93 12:23:34 GMT	[thread overview]

Greg,
if you were not accusing all of us of ripping off the govt you
sure make a good imitation of it!  Just because you belive ada
mandate is bad does not mean those of us supporting it are
evil people who are taking our money and keeping our mouths shut!
I for one belive in what i am doing, and my job has nothing to
do with it.  I also program Macintosh software and could quit my
job anything if i wanted to take some other offers i get from
the commercial world regularly.  I happen to belive in what
i am doing, and i take your attacks somewhat personally.  Judging
from the private mail i have received in response to these posts
so do a lot of other people!  jim

>In article <SRCTRAN.93Jun18180953@world.std.com> Gregory Aharonian,
srctran@world.std.com writes:
>   Case in point.  The DoD is now requiring contractors to submit lists
>of reusable software in their RFP bids.  Yet the word through the
>grapevine is that contractors are submitting lists of little relevance
>because they know that no project managers in the DoD can evaluate how
>useful or complete such lists are.  Yet for all of this grapevine talk,
>nothing is being done publicly or through channels, allwoing new forms
>of waste to occur.  This tolerance is more obnoxious than my obviously
>childish insults.  But at least I am obvious, while others get plaques.

Typically you attribute bad faith to this.  let me tell you if it is
happening, and yes i do belive some companys are not as literate in this
as the should be, i do not belive its done with any intent to deceive.
i know a lot of companies are simply not aware of whats out on the net.
i know you saw this requirement as a direct mandate from god that we
should all go out and hire you, but you have to do your own marketing.
i especially don't like your post were you alternaltly insult us by
saying "theres no room at the trough for little greg" and ask us
to buy your product by giving your phone number.  I suspect that
you might look to your attitude as more of a problem than anyones
attempt to bamboozle the gov't!

  jim