From: Felix Krause <contact@flyx.org>
Subject: ANN: AdaYaml 0.1.0 (initial release)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:48:27 +0200
Date: 2017-08-17T10:48:27+02:00	[thread overview]

I am happy to announce the first release of AdaYaml, an experimental
YAML implementation in Ada 2012.

This release is made in the spirit of „release early, release often“.
It is still rough around the edges, features are still missing, and the
API is far from stable. However, I make this release in the hope to get
feedback about the general API design and usability.

The background of this library is that I am part of a working group
designing YAML 1.3 and wrote this implementation to test proposed
changes to YAML 1.2. This means that AdaYaml does not conform to the
YAML 1.2 spec, since it already implements some of the proposed
changes. However, all of these concern edge cases and I am pretty
confident that a common YAML 1.2 document will parse propertly with
AdaYaml.

More background and (currently sparse) documentation is available on
the library's website [1], the release is available as tag of the
GitHub repository [2].

 [1]: https://ada.yaml.io
 [2]: https://github.com/yaml/AdaYaml/tags

--