From: Robert Love <rblove@airmail.net>
Subject: Air Traffic Control Issue
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 18:27:28 -0500
Date: 2014-05-05T18:27:28-05:00	[thread overview]

From today's WSJ article on the U2 triggered event in Southern California.

Considered the backbone of the nationwide traffic-control upgrade, ERAM
replaces a 1970s-era hardware and software system written in a now
obsolete programming language and used at many of the 20 'en route'
control centers that generally handle altitudes over 10,000 feet.

Anybody know what language the old system was written in?

It goes on to say:

ERAM began in 2002 as a $2.1 billion contract award to Lockheed Martin
Corp.  But it is already three years late--the FAA now expects it to be
installed in the centers by late this year--and the cost has ballooned
by $330 million.

What is the new system programmed in?  I assume it's a mix of languages
but I don't know.    Anybody know what part of that $2.1 is for
software?