* Support for event-driven programming on the Raspberry Pi
@ 2013-09-19 15:54 Dufr
From: Dufr @ 2013-09-19 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to know if Ada on the Raspberry Pi has support for even-driven programming.

Thanks

* Re: Support for event-driven programming on the Raspberry Pi
@ 2013-09-19 17:09 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-09-19 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dufr <dufriz@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to know if Ada on the Raspberry Pi has support for
> even-driven programming.

The Ada on the Pi is full Ada, so the answer is Yes - unless you are
asking whether the support already exists in the form of packages for
events and event queues and main loops and .. in which case the answer
is No.

I have support for a particular sort of event processing in
ColdFrame[1], whether it meets your needs in any way I don't know!
ColdFrame is a code generator + support library, you would need the
latter.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/coldframe/

* Re: Support for event-driven programming on the Raspberry Pi
@ 2013-09-19 20:26 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2013-09-19 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Of course Ada is a multi threaded language with lots of facilities for
events and interrupts in the core language.

/Per

@ 2013-09-21 15:48   ` karhof21
From: karhof21 @ 2013-09-21 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Where can I learn about using Ada for event-driven programming on a Raspberry Pi?

* Re: Support for event-driven programming on the Raspberry Pi
@ 2013-09-26  1:20 ` Dufr
From: Dufr @ 2013-09-26  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

About event-driven programming see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event-driven_programming