From: Gour <gour@atmarama.net>
Subject: Re: Ada needs Qt(5) bindings
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:02:35 +0200
Date: 2013-07-10T08:02:35+02:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 18:31:07 -0500
"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote:

> I wonder then why it says on
>
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Category:LanguageBindings
>
> "QtAda is an Ada2005 language prividing bindings to the Qt libraries
> and a set of useful tools. QtAda supports Qt version 4.6 and later."
>
> I mean 5 is later from 4.6, right?

Yeah, but it probably means < 5.0 'cause Qt5 is changing some things and
it's not backwards compatible.

Vadim Godunko wrote on Dec 27th 2012.: "It will be available in
beginning of next year.", so let's hope something will come out.

The problem is that the development for both Qt bindings project is not
very transparent (QtAda's links for mailing list are broken), so one
never knows what's going on and does not inspire confidence to embrace
Qt/QAda and that's why I'm saying that "Ada needs Qt bindings".

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Before giving up this present body, if one is able to tolerate
the urges of the material senses and check the force of desire and