* GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
@ 2011-06-16  5:51 R. Tyler Croy
From: R. Tyler Croy @ 2011-06-16  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've gone ahead and registered a Sourceforge project to try to archive and
provide better links for these periodic source drops from AdaCore (thanks
guys!).

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnat-gpl/files/2011/>

It's taken me two excruciating days downloading at a *peak* of 10KB/s to
get these files, so I hope you find them useful! :)

Regarding "trust", I couldn't figure out what the MD5 hash of the files on
<http://libre.adacore.com/libre/download2) actually mapped to, so I
generated md5sums of the files after I downloaded them, at least to
provide some verification that the files you get from Sourceforge's
mirrors are legitimate.

I've mirrored most of the source and the binaries for Linux i686/x86_64,
which are important to me, if I should mirror any other binary tarballs
let me know.

Also if anybody has a link to the 2010 sources, I'd love to mirror those
to Sourceforge as well!

Cheers

--
- R. Tyler Croy
--------------------------------------

* Re: GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
@ 2011-06-16  6:13 ` Ludovic Brenta
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-06-16  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

"R. Tyler Croy" <tyler@linux.com> writes:
> I've gone ahead and registered a Sourceforge project to try to archive and
> provide better links for these periodic source drops from AdaCore (thanks
> guys!).
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnat-gpl/files/2011/>

GNAT GPL 2011: this one goes to eleven!

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
@ 2011-06-16  9:57 ` Mark Lorenzen
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2011-06-16  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16 Jun., 07:51, "R. Tyler Croy" <ty...@linux.com> wrote:
> I've gone ahead and registered a Sourceforge project to try to archive and
> provide better links for these periodic source drops from AdaCore (thanks
> guys!).
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnat-gpl/files/2011/>
>
> It's taken me two excruciating days downloading at a *peak* of 10KB/s to
> get these files, so I hope you find them useful! :)

Thank you very much!

I tried to download the new GNAT GPL but simply gave up.

- Mark

* Re: GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
@ 2011-06-16 17:30   ` Vinzent Hoefler
From: Vinzent Hoefler @ 2011-06-16 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Lorenzen wrote:

> I tried to download the new GNAT GPL but simply gave up.

Connection today was a bit better. Average of 6 KB/s. Still felt like
AdaCore was slashdotted. ;)

Vinzent.

--
f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.

* Re: GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
@ 2011-06-16 17:42     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2011-06-16 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16.06.11 19:30, Vinzent Hoefler wrote:

#GNAT and #lego have started to appear together in Tweets.

> Vinzent.
>
> --
> f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.
--
f nl t wr tr

* Re: GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
@ 2011-06-17  1:24 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2011-06-17  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"R. Tyler Croy" <tyler@linux.com> writes:

> I've gone ahead and registered a Sourceforge project to try to archive and
> provide better links for these periodic source drops from AdaCore (thanks
> guys!).
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnat-gpl/files/2011/>

Seems like a good idea, but it would be better if AdaCore did it (maybe
they could rent more server space temporarily?)

> It's taken me two excruciating days downloading at a *peak* of 10KB/s to
> get these files, so I hope you find them useful! :)

It is nice to feel that Ada is popular enough to burden the download
server :).

> Also if anybody has a link to the 2010 sources, I'd love to mirror those
> to Sourceforge as well!

Just select the year in the dropdown box on the Libre download page:

http://libre.adacore.com/libre/download2?config=x86-windows&version=2010#

--
-- Stephe

* Re: GNAT GPL 2011 Files mirrored to SourceForge
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-06-17 13:50 ` Oliver Kleinke
From: Oliver Kleinke @ 2011-06-17 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have set up another mirror at http://afm.c-01a.de