* TIOBE Index--Where are the Jobs?
@ 2010-10-14 23:08 R.B. Love
From: R.B. Love @ 2010-10-14 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

So if Ada is up in the index, does that imply more hiring?  Suddenly
it's not an  academic question for me.

I'm watching NASA agree to a proposal to convert 3.2 million SLOCs of
Ada to C++ and the contractor promises they can do it cheaply and
reliably and operate the system with fewer people.  NASA seems to be
buying it.  Not demanding any proof of concept  or trial, just
committing to it.   Incredible.

Is there a source for Ada jobs on-line.  Yes, I can do general searches
but if there is any speciality listing I'd appreciate knowing about it.

* Re: TIOBE Index--Where are the Jobs?
@ 2010-10-15  2:16 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2010-10-15  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.adaic.org/jobs/jobs.html

http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/jobs/

--
Jeff Carter
"C++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade."

* Re: TIOBE Index--Where are the Jobs?
@ 2010-10-21 13:30   ` Colin Paul Gloster
From: Colin Paul Gloster @ 2010-10-21 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey Carter sent on October 14th, 2010:

|"On 10/14/2010 04:08 PM, R.B. Love wrote:                                |
|> Is there a source for Ada jobs on-line. Yes, I can do general searches |
|> but if there is any speciality listing I'd appreciate knowing about it.|
|http://www.adaic.org/jobs/jobs.html                                      |
|http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/jobs/           |
|"                                                                        |

Hi,

Perhaps we would be hiring, but unfortunately the con artists Efacec (
WWW.Efacec.Pt
) and FCT (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia,
HTTP://Alfa.FCT.MCTES.Pt/
) have still owed us monies for years.

You could try sifting through the noise on
WWW.FlipDog.com/jobs/ada/2/
and
WWW.OdinJobs.com/Odin/jobs.jspx?s=ADA&jr=Business+Analyst&rvn=1

In "Ada User Journal", Ada Europe quotes from job listings but
unhelpfully edits out such useful information as where the jobs were
advertised or who the employers were.

Thomas Løcke who sometimes contributes to this newsgroup (and who
apparently spends time on I.R.C. (Internet Relay Chat)) had a
recruitment advertisement (not for programming) on
HTTP://Responsum.Dk/index.php/job
today, but it would still be worth asking him.

Responsum K/S,
Marielundvej 32 C, 2.sal,
DK-2730 Herlev,
Denmark.

Tel  : +45 33488200
Fax  : +45 33488220
Mobil: +45 24247138
WWW.Responsum.Dk

Unlike other people in the Ada community such as Björn Persson, Thomas
Løcke does not take a job application as an opportunity to abusively
make fun of a victim of the C++ con artists.

I do not know of any Ada vacancies at the moment, but if you ask Ada
Denmark then Ada Denmark would be nice enough to ask its members. If
you contact me personally, then I could mention to you some others who
might try to help you find an Ada job who might not appreciate me
mentioning them on Usenet, along with further tips (related to abusive
members of the community) gleaned from my experiences of applying for
Ada jobs.

Good luck, society screws the competent,
Colin Paul Gloster,
Departamento de Física,
Universidade de Coimbra,
Rua Larga,
3004-516 Coimbra,
Portugal.
Telephone: +351 239410663
Fax: +351 239829158

* Re: TIOBE Index--Where are the Jobs?
@ 2010-12-15  9:46 ` Paul Colin Gloster
From: Paul Colin Gloster @ 2010-12-15  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

R.B. Love <rblove@Airmail.net> sent on October 14th, 2010:
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"So if Ada is up in the index, does that imply more hiring?  Suddenly it's not an|
|academic question for me.                                                        |
|                                                                                 |
|I'm watching NASA agree to a proposal to convert 3.2 million SLOCs of Ada to C++ |
|and the contractor promises they can do it cheaply and reliably and operate the  |
|system with fewer people.  NASA seems to be buying it.  Not demanding any proof  |
|of concept  or trial, just committing to it.   Incredible.                       |
|                                                                                 |
|                                                                                 |
|Is there a source for Ada jobs on-line.  Yes, I can do general searches but if   |
|there is any speciality listing I'd appreciate knowing about it."                |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

Last month a new recruitment advertisement was hyperlinked to from
HTTP://People.CS.KULeuven.Be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/jobs/

The September 2010 issue of "Ada User Journal" arrived yesterday, with
the identities of employers in edited recruitment advertisements
unhelpfully edited out as usual. You could search the Internet for
excerpts from the advertisements to try to find the original
advertisements.

Good luck,
Paul Colin Gloster