From: Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi>
Subject: stronglytyped.org - Web site powered by Ada Web Server (AWS)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:26:28 +0200
Date: 2009-12-21T21:26:28+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I know that there is already some sites running AWS[1],
but they are still somewhat rare, so I decided to share
my site, stronglytyped.org.

The site is running on a Linux-based Virtual Private Server (VPS),
which actually hosts three web sites:

  http://www.stronglytyped.org/
    - the main site, currently no content, just links to Ada resources

  http://ahven.stronglytyped.org/
    - web pages for my unit testing framework

  http://tkoskine.iki.fi/
    - my personal homepage

Technical details:
This all is done using AWS' virtual hosting capabilities and there
is NO other web server (like Apache or lighttpd) used.  The executable
runs under restricted account and I forward port 80 to the actual
server port using iptables. (Because ports below 1024 are available
only for root.)

The VPS is Linode 360 setup from linode.com and it is running Debian
stable.

In addition, there is subdomain http://hg.stronglytyped.org/
which hosts some of my public Ada code, but it is served externally
by http://bitbucket.org/ (Python/Django-powered site).

Oh, and special thanks to Debian Ada maintainers, who provide
a nice set of Ada packages (including AWS) working out of the box.

--
Tero Koskinen - http://tkoskine.iki.fi/

[1] Like http://ada-ru.org/ or parts of libre.adacore.com