From: Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: GNAT.Sockets: Authentication at HTTP Server
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:07:35 +0300
Date: 2007-09-11T20:07:35+03:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:43:05 -0000 Adrian Hoe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I connect to a HTTP server (a website) which requires
> authentication (Username, Password) with GNAT.Sockets?

If you can use GPL/GMGPL code, look how AWS does it
and take its client side code. AWS uses GNAT.Sockets for
communication.

AWS documentation at
https://libre.adacore.com/aws/aws-gpl-2.3.0.html#Client-side
gives following example:
> If the Web page is protected and you must pass the request through an
> authenticating proxy, the call will becomes:
>
>     Data := Client.Get
>       (URL        => "http://www.mydomain.net/protected/index.html"
>        User       => "me",
>        Pwd        => "mypwd",
>        Proxy      => "192.168.67.1",
>        Proxy_User => "puser",
>        Proxy_Pwd  => "ppwd");

Although, if a website uses some custom authentication method, then
you probably need to play with HTML parsing, cookies, sessions,
and stuff.

--
Tero Koskinen - http://iki.fi/tero.koskinen/