From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>
Subject: Re: GNAT Programming System Problems
Date: 22 Jun 2004 14:39:41 GMT
Date: 2004-06-22T14:39:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Love wrote:
> Ah, if it were only that easy. I work on a project where we have a
> contract with ACT so I can get the latest tools but the powers that be
> will not step up to the newer compilers. We're over 3 years behind
> and there is no concrete plan to modernize.

For Debian GNU/Linux, I have patched GPS so it does not generate the
offending lines in project files.  My patches also make it possible
to compile GPS with GNAT 3.15p.  You may want to apply them and rebuild
GPS from source.  On the URL below, look for the .diff.gz file, it contains
the patches.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnat-gps.html

BTW, how come the powers that be allow you to use GPS of they won't
allow newer versions of GNAT?

--
Ludovic Brenta.

--
Use our news server 'news.foorum.com' from anywhere.
More details at: http://nnrpinfo.go.foorum.com/