From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: GUI programming --a hopeful newbie =)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:50:35 -0500
Date: 2004-11-18T08:50:35-05:00	[thread overview]

You should take a look at GNAVI - http://www.gnavi.org

GNAVI is the Open Source answer to Visual Basic and Delphi

The full IDE is being created now and a working prototype will be
available in the next few weeks.

In the interim it includes:

GWindows - An easy to use for beginners and highly extendable for the
advanced, full featured binding to Win32 that is being ported to Mac OS
X and Gtk
GNATCOM - For Active X control creation and use
GNAVI ICG - A tool to generate or modify a GWindows based application
based on an XML spec

The Mac OS X port is in progress, the GTK port will likely start in a
few months.

David Botton
http://www.gnavi.org