From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: SourceForge GWindows project
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:25:41 -0400
Date: 2004-10-17T15:25:41-04:00	[thread overview]

On 1969-12-31 18:59:59 -0500, (null) said:

The GNAVI project has existed since 1999 started with GNATCOM (actually
it started before that with a framework I called GWin, it was more
GtkAda like, that got scrapped... there may be a link to it some where
on AdaPower) and has continued since then. Development has been going
on continuously by me and others since then.

As mentioned early on in the discussions, I and others have not decided
to stop developing the GNAVI project because we either need it or enjoy
doing it regardless of what decision is made for the basis of a "new"
community based project.

I like the SourceForge idea and after looking more I decided to use it
for the GNAVI project.

I have always encouraged and been open to participation in the project
and many have and do participate writing whatever they need or enjoy
writing, freedom the FSF Open Source way.

If the consensus is to use CLAW as the basis, decide to take part of
and fork out all of the GNAVI project code, ie. GNATCOM and GWindows to
date, build another from scratch, or join the existing GNAVI project is
all cool by me. As long as others are using Ada, writing code, I'm
happy.

I think my preference is that we all work together on the GNAVI
project, but as I have said before when I can I would help here and
there with any project that is born.

<<Your actions speak otherwise. >>
I think that the lines of code (there are a couple :-), time and money
that I have donated to the entire community along with my sincere
interest and actions in advocating Ada and encouraging (in fact
begging) others to become part of - that includes making the decisions
- projects that I or others have started over the years speak well for
my self (even if my need to make a living, visit reality, etc. don't
always speak so well to some).

Well, Perhaps I am overly full of myself (or something else) and like
yourself get a bit to emotional about a computer language and community
of people I enjoy working with, but we all have our faults (even if
ours are good ones :-).

David Botton