* IDE
@ 2001-07-20 11:50 Bertrand Augereau
From: Bertrand Augereau @ 2001-07-20 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excuse me for this mere mundane question ;-)

But do you know of a tightly connected to Ada IDE that achieves the same
efficiency as Visual Studio + Visual Assist (I love this couple) for C++?

No "Emacs" answer, please...

* Re: IDE
@ 2001-07-20 13:08 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2001-07-20 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Aonix IDE is a Visual Studio clone. You can download a free 'Special
Edition of this from their web site (www.aonix.com).

I know nothing about Visual Assist.

Bertrand Augereau <baugereau@ifrance.kom> wrote in message
> Excuse me for this mere mundane question ;-)
>
> But do you know of a tightly connected to Ada IDE that achieves the same
> efficiency as Visual Studio + Visual Assist (I love this couple) for C++?
>
> No "Emacs" answer, please...

* Re: IDE
@ 2001-07-20 16:08 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-07-20 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9j95mm$1v94$1@norfair.nerim.net>, Bertrand Augereau says...

>Excuse me for this mere mundane question ;-)
>
>But do you know of a tightly connected to Ada IDE that achieves the same
>efficiency as Visual Studio + Visual Assist (I love this couple) for C++?

That's a pretty subjective question. Exactly what "efficiency" are you talking
about?

---

* Re: IDE
@ 2001-07-20 16:59   ` Bertrand Augereau
From: Bertrand Augereau @ 2001-07-20 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know it is subjective. I'm talking about ease of use and productivity.
What I need is the advice of somebody that likes Visual Studio + Visual
Assist and that likes as much a similar product for Ada development.
Seems to me a good heuristic.

"Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> a �crit dans le message news:
GHY57.964$ar1.4121@www.newsranger.com...
> In article <9j95mm$1v94$1@norfair.nerim.net>, Bertrand Augereau says...
> >
> >Excuse me for this mere mundane question ;-)
> >
> >But do you know of a tightly connected to Ada IDE that achieves the same
> >efficiency as Visual Studio + Visual Assist (I love this couple) for C++?
>
> That's a pretty subjective question. Exactly what "efficiency" are you
talking
> about?

* IDE
@ 2003-11-27  9:25 WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-27  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've downloaded GNAT 3.15p.
It's OK. But, is there any IDE for GNAT or I must do romantic again?

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27  9:38 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-27  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"WLad" <wwlos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've downloaded GNAT 3.15p.
> It's OK. But, is there any IDE for GNAT or I must do romantic again?

There are a few including:

http://libre.act-europe.fr/ - and click on GPS (left hand side), this uses
project files
 http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html - a simpler, file
based IDE

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27  9:47   ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-27  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

H-mmmm!!! time gap between question and answer is about 13 minutes...
Are you on duty today? :o)))))))))

MNY TNX!

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 10:01   ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-27 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have you ever worked at BAE Systems?

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 10:02 ` Erlo Haugen
From: Erlo Haugen @ 2003-11-27 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:25:02 +0200
WLad <wwlos@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've downloaded GNAT 3.15p.
> It's OK. But, is there any IDE for GNAT or I must do romantic again?

Emacs has some Ada things.
Try this link:
http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/ada/sal.html#installation
A lot of nice stuff...

Another IDE not mentioned is JGRASP from Auburn University. Does Java and C(++)
with UML.

--
Erlo
Remove the underscores

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 10:05     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-27 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Have you ever worked at BAE Systems?

Not today! :-)

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 10:06     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-27 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

"WLad" <wwlos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you ever worked at BAE Systems?

At various sites...

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 10:49     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-27 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"WLad" <wwlos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you ever worked at BAE Systems?

...you seem to have me at a disadvantage - care to 'out' yourself??? :-)

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 11:09       ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-27 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ...you seem to have me at a disadvantage - care to 'out' yourself??? :-)
disadvantage?
you? And what about me?

I've catched a new job. The main condition for me is to cut my way into
Ada. It is real madness with our managers (just the same as several
years ago was about C++ - like a flock of sheep).
As for me - it is only "refreshing" my knowleadge about Ada received
many ears ago. But it needs to be done in counted days.

Of course it is (bad?) habbit to use IDE and I am not going to get out
of the habit (at least at first time).

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 15:09   ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-27 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:
> "WLad" <wwlos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I've downloaded GNAT 3.15p.
>>It's OK. But, is there any IDE for GNAT or I must do romantic again?
>

> There are a few including:
>
> http://libre.act-europe.fr/ - and click on GPS (left hand side), this uses
> project files
>  http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html - a simpler, file
> based IDE

And you say I can create serious project using that?

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 17:32     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-27 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > http://libre.act-europe.fr/ - and click on GPS (left hand side), this
uses
> > project files
> >  http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html - a simpler,
file
> > based IDE
> >

> And you say I can create serious project using that?

I'd say AdaGIDE is aimed more at students and small projects - what size
project did you have in mind?

GPS is ACT's new IDE and I'm sure that it is definitely aimed at the
'serious project' user! :-)

I doubt that with a little thought before hand you couldn't use either.

There's also Ada-mode emacs, if you like that way of life...

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-27 21:39     ` Gautier Write-only
From: Gautier Write-only @ 2003-11-27 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >>I've downloaded GNAT 3.15p.
> >>It's OK. But, is there any IDE for GNAT or I must do romantic again?
> >

> > There are a few including:
> >
> > http://libre.act-europe.fr/ - and click on GPS (left hand side), this uses
> > project files
> >  http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html - a simpler, file
> > based IDE

WLad:

> And you say I can create serious project using that?

Which one ?
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-28  7:29       ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> WLad:
>>And you say I can create serious project using that?
>
> Which one ?
No difference. Both.
I've said that I haven't touched Ada long time (far before Ada95 was
stated). And now I can say "I am green" in Ada environments world.

If you would please send some links to site devoted to standards of Ada
(language itself and what lays near to it).

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-28  8:58       ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-28  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'd say AdaGIDE is aimed more at students and small projects - what size
> project did you have in mind?
OK. I think that one side of my activity is closed due to AdaGIDE
(teaching).

> GPS is ACT's new IDE and I'm sure that it is definitely aimed at the
> 'serious project' user! :-)
OK again. Will probe. :o)

> I doubt that with a little thought before hand you couldn't use either.
:o) please sinonim to "little thought before hand"! Of course, ay
andestend vot yu vont tu sey, but there is no direct translation to
Russian at first view. I think you mean if I have strong plans
conserning using Ada? Of course yes...

> There's also Ada-mode emacs, if you like that way of life...
If unix world was my "native programic land"... :o)
But I am from the most part of programmers, whose minds are fractured by
Billy... :o) :o(

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-28 12:46         ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-28 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I doubt that with a little thought before hand you couldn't use either.
> :o) please sinonim to "little thought before hand"! Of course, ay
> andestend vot yu vont tu sey, but there is no direct translation to
> Russian at first view. I think you mean if I have strong plans
> conserning using Ada? Of course yes...

No, I meant that if you developed a little process, both IDEs could
be used, even on large projects - AdaGIDE might take a little longer
to develop that process, that's all.

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-28 15:35     ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2003-11-28 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

WLad wrote:

> Martin Dowie wrote:
>> "WLad" <wwlos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've downloaded GNAT 3.15p.
>>>It's OK. But, is there any IDE for GNAT or I must do romantic again?
>>

>> There are a few including:
>>
>> http://libre.act-europe.fr/ - and click on GPS (left hand side), this
>> uses project files
>>  http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html - a simpler,
>>  file
>> based IDE
>>

> And you say I can create serious project using that?

The new version is a lot better then the old.

With Regards

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net
http://adacl.sourceforge.net

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-28 16:09           ` WLad
From: WLad @ 2003-11-28 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> No, I meant that if you developed a little process, both IDEs could
> be used, even on large projects - AdaGIDE might take a little longer
> to develop that process, that's all.
AdaGIDE:
First step - first trouble...

with Ada.Text_Io;use Ada.Text_Io;
procedure Hello is
begin
   Put_Line("Hello, world!");
end Hello;

Why I can't see "Hello world" at console but it appears in debug window
at the bottom of GVD?

And one more thing... AdaGIDE looks like Strannik IDE (and set of
compilers). Didn't you know the developers of AdaGIDE havn't contacted
between?

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-11-28 16:29             ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-11-28 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> AdaGIDE:
> First step - first trouble...
>
> with Ada.Text_Io;use Ada.Text_Io;
> procedure Hello is
> begin
>    Put_Line("Hello, world!");
> end Hello;
>
> Why I can't see "Hello world" at console but it appears in debug window
> at the bottom of GVD?

How are you running the program? By pressing the 'green button'?

> And one more thing... AdaGIDE looks like Strannik IDE (and set of
> compilers). Didn't you know the developers of AdaGIDE havn't contacted
> between?

Never heard of it... :-(

* Re: IDE
@ 2003-12-01 16:22         ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-12-01 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

WLad <wwlos@hotmail.com> writes:

> > There's also Ada-mode emacs, if you like that way of life...
> If unix world was my "native programic land"... :o)
> But I am from the most part of programmers, whose minds are fractured
> by Billy... :o) :o(

If that means you are on Windows, you can still use Emacs, and all the
other Gnu tools.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

As someone else pointed out, I use these tools all the time: