From: Bj�rn Lundin <bjorn.lundin@swipnet.se>
Subject: Re: no crash dump ?
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 19:07:09 +0100
Date: 2002-03-09T19:07:09+01:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:49:26 -0600
sk <noname@myob.com> wrote:

> If this is the complete code sample  for your "Joystick"
> program, there are no calls within it  which actually do
> an operation likely to cause a system level "core dump".

Yes it's the whole program, running on a x86 platform, "untouched". I'm just trying
to make contact to it for future use. I realized that the joystick port can be
 used as a primitive A/D converter to hook up strange things to the computer,
like thermometers, or sensors in general. I only need a way to write out
something to adevice, which the parallel port migth be able to.

> As "anders@localhost.localdomain (Anders Gidenstam)"
> pointed out, the line
>
> Joystick_address : system.address :=
>     system'to_address(16#0201#);
>
> probably locates the code in your own address space and
> *not* into the kernel address space.

Thanks for the tips (all 3 of you), I have located a joystick driver and will try from there...

/Bj�rn