From: boobeargrr@aol.com (Joshua Shriver)
Subject: How do you instantiate a private package?
Date: 26 Feb 2002 20:58:31 GMT
Date: 2002-02-26T20:58:31+00:00	[thread overview]

I've created a package called direct_file_stuff in my ads and adb and
instantiate a direct_io package called dfs_pkg.

Now that I have this package created, how do I use it in an application?

Here is my .ads

with direct_io;

generic
        type item is private;

package dfs is
        package dfs_pkg is new direct_io(item);
        use dfs_pkg;

procedure switch_file_lines(source_file: in string; line1: integer; line2:
integer);

procedure swap_head_tail(source_file: in string; lines: integer);

procedure get_middle(source_file: in string; found: out item);

end dfs;

I've implemented this functions in dfs.adb but now I can't figure out how to
use this procedure in a main application. How is this done?

Sincerely,
Joshua Shriver
jshriver@mix.wvu.edu