From: Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
Subject: Re: Need manual for GNAT on FreeBSD 4.4-Release on i386 (AMD Athlon)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:57:07 -0500
Date: 2002-01-02T18:57:07-05:00	[thread overview]

On 2 Jan 2002 04:10:56 GMT
Gerhard H�ring <gerhard@bigfoot.de> wrote:

> VB6? Condolecences. I had that once. I wonder what all the VB shops will
> do when they get a half-way real programming language with VB.NET. Now I'm
> mostly doing Java. And for fun at home, Python.

Chances are, a lot of people are going to soil their pants. As it is, I've
been reading up on it myself -- it seems fitting to use a toy language like
VB for a toy OS like Windows. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much; it
*does* pay the bills, and it's not like the boss insists that I run XP at
home.

Besides, I tried C++ under Windows and had nightmares for a month.

> Close, but not quite. Abusing Python's functional features:

Ah. It looked like LISP because I've been learning a bit of elisp so I can
play with XEmacs a bit. For scripting I've been learning to read Perl. I
might not hack Perl much, but if I'm going to use Unix I should at least
know how to read the stuff.

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net