* Seconds since Epoch
@ 2001-05-08  0:30 StocklandGreen
From: StocklandGreen @ 2001-05-08  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there an easy way to just get a big number of seconds since 01/01/1970 epcoh
time, or do i have to work it out with Calendar.Split ?
Any help appreciated

"AOL Sucks"

* Re: Seconds since Epoch
@ 2001-05-08  1:33 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-05-08  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, there is, but if you don't want to use calendar.split, then
the solution is OS- and compiler-dependent -- i.e., not portable.

"StocklandGreen" <stocklandgreen@aol.comx> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to just get a big number of seconds since 01/01/1970
epcoh
> time, or do i have to work it out with Calendar.Split ?
> Any help appreciated
>

> "AOL Sucks"

* Re: Seconds since Epoch
@ 2001-05-08  1:59   ` StocklandGreen
From: StocklandGreen @ 2001-05-08  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Yes, there is, but if you don't want to use calendar.split, then
>the solution is OS- and compiler-dependent -- i.e., not portable.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case... an NG search on deja.com came up
with few old messages with procedure ideas... They seem a little long winded,
but i might as well use them.

Thanks again

"AOL Sucks"

* Re: Seconds since Epoch
@ 2001-05-08  4:38 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2001-05-08  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Is there an easy way to just get a big number of seconds since 01/01/1970 epcoh
    procedure Difference (Left, Right : Ada.Calendar.Time;
                          Days : out Day_Count;
                          Seconds : out Ada.Calendar.Day_Duration);
        -- Returns the difference between Left and Right.
        -- Days is the number of days of difference, Seconds is the
        -- remainder seconds of difference.
        -- If Left < Right, then Days is negative. (Seconds is always
        -- positive).
is available in package claw.time in the Claw free intro version.
Download it from www.rrsoftware.com