From: jthecorbys@aol.comiluvspam (Matt Corby)
Subject: Dynamic Linking (as in dlfcn.h for c)?
Date: 31 Dec 2000 03:38:03 GMT
Date: 2000-12-31T03:38:03+00:00	[thread overview]

I am in the design stages of writing a program which must load shared libraries
at run time.  It will need to load possibly several dozen to over a hundred
shared libraries, depending on how many the user needs.  It is a real-time
sound producing system, which means CORBA, etc. are ruled out for performance
reasons.

I have done a small amount of coding ( < 1000 lines) for the program already,
and used the dlfcn.h and dl.so library (on red hat linux) to implement the
plugin infrastructure using shared libraries.  Does Ada (i have GNAT 3.13p)
have a clean way to implement this.  It would be preferable if the .so files
that it loads can be in any language, but it is not a requirement.

I could write an Ada binding to dlfcn.h, but i'm a beginner at Ada, and not too
experienced with c either (most of my programming has been with x86 assembler)
so i'm not sure if i could do it.  Also i would like it if there was an Ada way
to do this.

Thanks,
Matt Corby (mattcorby@yahoo.com)