From: anthonygair@aol.comremoveme (ANTHONY GAIR)
Subject: C++ standard - how standard
Date: 2000/05/09
Date: 2000-05-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I can appreciate there is a standard for C++. Hasn't this standard been warped
to both alienate compatability and portability.
I don't hate or dislike C++ but on the other don't use it simply because of the
difficulty in other programmers being able to READ and debug my code and vice
versa.
I am human, un-omi-potent and have a finite conciousness and don't understand
all the different nuaces c programmers are able to put in their code.
I like other coders to be able to understand my code and tell me of a problem
and vice versa. Rather than being delighted when they can understand it.
is this unreasonable ?
Are ADA and linux a good combination :-
www.remotely.useful.com