From: Christoph Grein <christoph.grein@eurocopter.de>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re: Gnat Chat, Random Numbers in GNAT
Date: 2000/01/26
Date: 2000-01-26T09:45:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jeff Carter wrote:

<<FWIW (personal experience anecdote), I did a parking-lot test of both
Float_Random and Marsaglia's Universal Random-Number algorithm and no
structure was apparent in either.>>

I think Marsaglia's Universal Random-Number generator should be made public
somewhere, perhaps the best place would be David Botton's AdaPower.

(Just a proposal that you put it there.)

I have also an Ada version at home, which produces the prescribed numbers
on test, but I do not have the original paper where it was published. The
note I took the code from mentioned a periodical where it was to
appear, but that edition doesn't have it, and also later editions don't.
So apparently it was published somewhere else in another periodical.
Without reference to the original publication, I do not want to publish my
version.