* ANN: Dokan Ada bindings v 1.0
@ 2014-08-16 16:12 Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2014-08-16 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dokan library for developing is user-space file system for Windows. The Ada
bindings are Ada 95 compliant. A sample implementation of a memory-resident
file system is included.

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/dokan.htm

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: ANN: Dokan Ada bindings v 1.0
@ 2014-08-19 15:51 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2014-08-19 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:12:12 AM UTC-7, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> Dokan library for developing is user-space file system for Windows. The Ada
>
> bindings are Ada 95 compliant. A sample implementation of a memory-resident
>
> file system is included.
>
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/dokan.htm

Thank you Dmitry for providing this binding. I did download it by following the link provided. However, the taz file contains only dokan library. No Ada binding sources were seen.

Anh Vo

* Re: ANN: Dokan Ada bindings v 1.0
@ 2014-08-19 16:12   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2014-08-19 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:51:34 -0700 (PDT), Anh Vo wrote:

> On Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:12:12 AM UTC-7, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>> Dokan library for developing is user-space file system for Windows. The Ada
>>
>> bindings are Ada 95 compliant. A sample implementation of a memory-resident
>>
>> file system is included.
>>
>> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/dokan.htm
>
> Thank you Dmitry for providing this binding. I did download it by
> following the link provided. However, the taz file contains only dokan
> library. No Ada binding sources were seen.

Hmm, there is no taz file. The archive file is dokan_1_0.tgz. If you unpack
it, the bindings are in the root directory.

Let you used gzip and tar, e.g. from mingw:

> gzip -d dokan_1_0.tgz
> tar -xvf dokan_1_0.tar
./dokan-0.6.0/dokan.h
./dokan-0.6.0/dokan.lib
./dokan-0.6.0/DokanInstall_0.6.0.exe
./dokan-0.6.0/license.gpl.txt
./dokan-0.6.0/license.lgpl.txt
./dokan-0.6.0/license.mit.txt
./dokan-0.6.0/readme.txt
./dokan-file_system.adb
./dokan-file_system.ads
./dokan-thin.ads
./dokan.ads
./dokan.gpr
./dokan.htm
./download.jpg
./example/memory-fs/memory_fs.adb
./example/memory-fs/memory_fs.ads
./example/memory-fs/memory_fs.gpr
./example/memory-fs/readme_dokan.txt
./example/memory-fs/test/readme_dokan.txt
./example/memory-fs/test/test.adb
./example/memory-fs/test/test.gpr
./example/memory-fs/test/trace.txt
./home.jpg
./in.jpg
./index.gif
./next.gif
./prev.gif
./readme_dokan.txt
./dokan_1_0.lst

You can also use WinZip, WinRar or Total Commander.

--

@ 2014-08-19 16:52     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2014-08-19 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:12:40 AM UTC-7, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:51:34 -0700 (PDT), Anh Vo wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:12:12 AM UTC-7, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>
> >> Dokan library for developing is user-space file system for Windows. The Ada
>

> >> bindings are Ada 95 compliant. A sample implementation of a memory-resident
>

> >> file system is included.
>

> >> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/dokan.htm
>

> > Thank you Dmitry for providing this binding. I did download it by
> > following the link provided. However, the taz file contains only dokan
> > library. No Ada binding sources were seen.
>
> Hmm, there is no taz file. The archive file is dokan_1_0.tgz. If you unpack
> it, the bindings are in the root directory.
> Let you used gzip and tar, e.g. from mingw:

Sorry, I see them now. The reason I did not see them before because I did not create a separate directory while unzipping and untarring the download. Thus, the binding sources are scattered.

* Re: ANN: Dokan Ada bindings v 1.0
@ 2014-08-19 19:07       ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2014-08-19 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:52:15 -0700 (PDT), Anh Vo wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:12:40 AM UTC-7, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

>>> Thank you Dmitry for providing this binding. I did download it by
>>> following the link provided. However, the taz file contains only dokan
>>> library. No Ada binding sources were seen.
>>
>> Hmm, there is no taz file. The archive file is dokan_1_0.tgz. If you unpack
>> it, the bindings are in the root directory.
>> Let you used gzip and tar, e.g. from mingw:
>
> Sorry, I see them now. The reason I did not see them before because I did
> not create a separate directory while unzipping and untarring the
> download. Thus, the binding sources are scattered.

Good.

BTW, if you plan to write a file system, better to test it under a virtual
machine until it is stable. An Ada exception will most likely crash the
whole system.

Also the protocol of what Windows does and what it expects from calls to
return on failure is not documented. You will need a lot of
experimentation.

Feel free to report any problems.

--
Regards,