* [ANN] Ada bindimgs to gtkdatabox
@ 2010-12-07 20:33 Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2010-12-07 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ther is now a binding to gtkdatabox located on:
    https://github.com/persan/A-gtkdatabox

* Re: [ANN] Ada bindimgs to gtkdatabox
@ 2010-12-07 20:54 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2010-12-07 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:33:52 +0100, Per Sandberg wrote:

> Ther is now a binding to gtkdatabox located on:
>     https://github.com/persan/A-gtkdatabox

Does it use time stamps on the X axis (i.e. oscilloscope), or is it just a
XY plot?

Is it based on cairo?

How does it handle the case when several data points must be rendered in
one-pixel horizontal width?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: [ANN] Ada bindimgs to gtkdatabox
@ 2010-12-07 21:14   ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2010-12-07 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/07/2010 09:54 PM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:33:52 +0100, Per Sandberg wrote:
>
>> Ther is now a binding to gtkdatabox located on:
>>      https://github.com/persan/A-gtkdatabox
>
> Does it use time stamps on the X axis (i.e. oscilloscope), or is it just a
> XY plot?
Its basicly an XY plot with float values.

> Is it based on cairo?
Have not thought about it, i was looking a widget that made it possible
to build a simple UI for a pc-oscilloscope.

> How does it handle the case when several data points must be rendered in
> one-pixel horizontal width?
Have not looked deeper into the scaling effects when several X-values
should be rendered one pixel wide, but it seems like a mean value is drawn.
/Per

* Re: [ANN] Ada bindimgs to gtkdatabox
@ 2010-12-07 22:17     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2010-12-07 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:14:47 +0100, Per Sandberg wrote:

> On 12/07/2010 09:54 PM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:33:52 +0100, Per Sandberg wrote:
>>
>>> Ther is now a binding to gtkdatabox located on:
>>>      https://github.com/persan/A-gtkdatabox
>>
>> Does it use time stamps on the X axis (i.e. oscilloscope), or is it just a
>> XY plot?
> Its basicly an XY plot with float values.

I considered porting a C++ library that does the oscilloscope to Cairo Ada,
but I am not so sure now.

>> Is it based on cairo?
> Have not thought about it, i was looking a widget that made it possible
> to build a simple UI for a pc-oscilloscope.

Cairo looks a good choice. There are excellent Cairo Ada bindings by Damien
Carbonne.

Considering oscilloscope implementation there is a problem. I don't know
how to get a BitBlt under Gdk or Cairo, which would be essential for good
performance of scrolling.

>> How does it handle the case when several data points must be rendered in
>> one-pixel horizontal width?
> Have not looked deeper into the scaling effects when several X-values
> should be rendered one pixel wide, but it seems like a mean value is drawn.

I see, not a min-to-max vertical bar (the correct behavior).

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov