From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: have 2 problems, please help.
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:38:21 GMT
Date: 2001-12-04T20:38:21+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Xns916E68BC5BA33Ralph@196.25.240.158>, Ralph Moeritz says...

>No, I chose not to install gcc (and make came with it) and gnatmake etc.
>don't run unless installed in /usr/gnat. But make is required to effect the
>initial install. I hope that's clearer. I only need make to install GNAT.

Hmmm....
I did some searching. It looks like gnumake is traditionally distributed in
source form, to be compiled with whatever C compiler you have laying around. I
think your best bet would to be to find some kind soul to send you the binary or
put it somewhere you can download it temporarily. I'd do it myself, but I don't
have a GNU/Linux system available right now.

The other alternative is that you could install the package (or whatever your
disto uses) that contains make. For the purposes of software development, you
may find that there's other stuff in there you'll need too.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.