From: M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8aREMOVETHIS@ANDTHATm-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Licensing, again
Date: 06 Jul 2006 10:32:06 +0200
Date: 2006-07-06T10:32:06+02:00	[thread overview]

"Carroll, Andrew" <andrew.carroll@okstate.edu> writes:

> ------------------------------
> From: M E Leypold
> 	<development-2006-8ecbb5cc8aREMOVETHIS@ANDTHATm-e-leypold.de>
> Subject: Re: Licensing, again
>
> > Well, that is your problem then, man. (Shaking my head). You obviously
> > don't want an answer. Let me tell you: The Debian policy documents for
> > choosing the compilers now and in future are exemplary (at least
> > compared with the usual non documentation of open source stuff goes
> > :-)).
> >
> > And don't expect people to "explain" something to you if you're to
> > conceited to read some text elsewhere which explains what you want to
> > know. After all under these circumstance one wouldn't expect you to
> > read the explanation written in c.l.a, or would you?
> >
> > Regards -- Markus
> ------------------------------
>
> So you're going to try and butt in and make it your problem because
> you're the ultimate authority on all matters and subjects; especially

Yes. :-)

> what Ludovic thinks and what I want.  Talk about conceited.
>
> After all, YOU would expect me to read the explanation in c.l.a. but I
> do not revolve around what YOU want.  Not to mention that the wiki-link
> was not presented as a FAQ link before I asked the question nor was it
> presented as an FAQ in the response to my question.  For that matter
> Ludovic wasn't even the person to say that the wiki IS the FAQ.

Stupid flame war. Never mind, but just to further your understanding:

I'm now not going back the thread to find out what happened. But my
distinct impression was, that you had a question and got offered a
link. Instead of reading it, you flamed the person that wanted you to
help.

Now even seeing this happen, pisses me off sometimes. After all this
is a public forum and I can "make it my problem". From there I had
three messages for you:

 1) You were (in my eyes) rude and should consider this.

 2) Probably you hadn't appreciated the value of the link. I found it
    rather valuable, you should try to read it.

 3) A general lesson on communication in usenet: Usually you don't get
    any answers (any more) if you look as if couldn't be bothered
    either to do basic research before asking or (that being your
    case) to follow references to sources given as answers to your
    questions.

    After all, all the helpful people on usenet are not paid for
    helping you.

I'm not surprised that you refused in a sense all three messages. I'd
be sorry if this were a matter of keeping your face (by not admitting
a mistake in public), perhaps the general note of my message didn't
make that easy. I wish you more luck in you further inquiries.

Regards -- Markus