From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Extend Record in Spec and Body
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:19:40 +0200
Date: 2006-10-17T22:19:33+02:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:49:23 +0100, Simon Wright wrote:

> "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> writes:
>
>> Yes, but not in the body and each extension would produce a new
>> type.
>
> I have written code that extends an abstract tagged type (declared in
> the package spec) in the package body, why would that be a problem?
> (in fact I do it 3 times ...)

Because *a* record cannot be extended twice. See the first posting in the
thread. As I understood it, OP wished to provide (A) two accumulating
record extensions resulting in the same type. (B) The first "incomplete"
extension should happen in the specification. The second "completion"
extension should in the body. Neither is legal in Ada.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov