From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Maximum Number Of Tasks?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:17:11 +0100
Date: 2013-11-12T17:17:11+01:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:54:18 -0700, Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> On 11/12/2013 02:53 AM, FritzVonBraun wrote:
>>
>> Would I have to do the same in Ada or are tasks meant to be "micro objects' of
>> which many can be created and the Ada runtime does effectively what my
>> threadpool system does in C++

If you have native tasking then tasks are as fat as threads. If you have
tasking implemented within one thread (rare), tasks can be "micro", but
then they most likely will be unable to perform I/O concurrently.

> Tasks should reflect inherent concurrency in the problem space, not some aspect
> of the hardware or OS.

It is not that simple. The problem space may encompass the hardware, e.g.
in the case of communication and services. Which is typically the case when
worker tasks pool comes in question.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov