From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: Questions on using prgma Import (C, foo)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:15:01 GMT
Date: 2008-02-26T12:15:01+00:00	[thread overview]

pfpearson.net@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 25, 1:28 pm, Pascal Obry <pas...@obry.net> wrote:
>> pfpearson....@gmail.com a �crit :
>>
>>> However, it only took me a minute to realize that this won't work.
>>> I see two options:
>>> 1. function lua_tolstring (...) return System.Adddress;
>>> 2. use the types declared in Interfaces.C.Strings.
>> 2 is better I think:
>>
>>     function lua_tolstring
>>      (L     : lua_State_ptr;
>>       index : inteter;
>>       len   : size_t_ptr) return Interfaces.C.Strings.chars_ptr;
>>
>> Pascal.
>
> That's what I suspected.  Thanks.
>
> Once I've gotten this done, is anyone interested in using this?  Lua
> really is a neat embedded langauge.  I hope to use it at work to
> handle reading in init data, and possibly to script some of the
> program's behavior.

It certainly is the sort of thing that can be generally useful even if
no one has a specific need for it now. I'd suggest managing it on one of
the big open source project websites so other can see it and use it
should you ever abandon the project years from now.

My projects are all on sourceforge. There are those that (probably
justifiably) would rather host on a other sites (like gna.org) which is
also fine. It is nice however to pick someplace that will outlive  you
and has an abandon project takeover capability.

Also consider your goals for licensing when you release the project but
do pick a license.