From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Ada and Its Image
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:25:41 +0200
Date: 2011-04-18T09:25:39+02:00	[thread overview]

On 18 Apr 2011 05:52:22 GMT, George wrote:

> Requirements for programming languages have shifted.

Who wrote these requirements, where?

> In today's world
> programming languages are used to make small apps developed in just a few
> hours. Rapid development, use for software design and ease to learn is
> important and the ability to use it for many different purposes from
> embedded programming to web development is key.
>
> Ada can do all this but its usage rates remain rather on a low level.
>
> Ada is suitable to be used as a language for software design (http:// )
> and small apps like life-science services running on smart phones
> requiring stability and correctness.
>
> We could change the image of Ada to a language that rocks. What about
> writing a book about Ada in a new style like the Head First books?

Does reading books really fits into the context of rapid development and
software design "in just few hours"? I propose a cartoon strip instead.
Since Ada is female character that opens numerous exciting possibilities...
(:-))

> What
> about extending the communication about Ada and emphasizing it advanges
> for software design, web and app development?

Programming per SMS, an integrated developing studio for mobile phones and
facebooks...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov