From: csampson@inetworld.net (Charles H. Sampson)
Subject: Re: Where Should as (Assembler) Be?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:16:15 -0800
Date: 2015-11-11T17:16:15-08:00	[thread overview]

<briot.emmanuel@gmail.com> wrote:

> xcode-select --install    should do it.
>
> I don't know which version will be installed on OS X 10.5.8, but new
> versions of Apple's assembler no longer support some of the assembly
> instructions emitted by gcc, so it is best if you can install a slightly
> older version.

Thanks for your help, but I don't understand this. Is it a Unix (Darwin)
command-line command? If so, what is the environment? I've tried it from
my home directory and get a "command not found" message.

Charlie
--
Nobody in this country got rich on his own.  You built a factory--good.
But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for.  You hired workers we