From: csampson@inetworld.net (Charles H. Sampson)
Subject: Get_Immediate Hangs
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:13:12 -0700
Date: 2015-09-30T14:13:12-07:00	[thread overview]

I'm getting a behavior from Get_Immediate that is not what I expect from
the manual. I'm using the form

     Get_Immediate (Item : out Character; Available: out Boolean);

It does not return immediately (with Available = False) if no character
is available. It does not return immediately (with Available = True) if
a character is typed. It only returns (with Available = True) if one or
more characters are typed followed by carriage return. In this case all
of the typed characters are returned, one after the other, including the
carriage return.

I'm using an ancient version of Gnat on an ancient Mac's Unix (Darwin).

Charlie
--
Nobody in this country got rich on his own.  You built a factory--good.
But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for.  You hired workers we