From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE- AonixADT Ada Development Toolkit for Eclipse version 3.11
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 08:38:07 -0400
Date: 2006-10-07T08:38:07-04:00	[thread overview]

adaworks@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> This announcement is good news.
>
> We seldom hear from Aonix anymore.  For that matter, we don't
> see information from many other Ada compiler publishers.  It would
> be nice to get more announcements of this kind in this forum so we
> would know who is still supporting Ada.
>
> Where is DDC-I?  OC Systems?  ICC?  Any other Ada compiler
> publishers?   Ada tool publishers?    Is Rational still in the business
> of providing Ada compilers and tools now that they are
> captives of IBM?
>
> Richard Riehle

I am starting to think that only us old timers even know about Usenet
anymore.

DDC-I came out with an Eclipse environment months ago. Nothing posted.

Greenhills still has no Ada Eclipse but continues to update their Ada
offerings (though their 2005 plans still seem in doubt). Though they
tend to be aggressive in sales you never see a new product announcement
here.

Rational/IBM seems to have the problem that they are so big one can
never be sure if they sell any tool anymore (not just Ada) since stuff
is so bogged down in the "software is a service/craft you a solution"
mentality.

Of course it could be that the vendors got tired of getting yelled at
for commercial postings on Usenet.  We are a hard group of people to please.