From: Michael Erdmann <michael.erdmann@snafu.de>
Subject: Re: Q:Usage of storage Pools
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 08:55:29 +0200
Date: 2003-06-01T08:55:29+02:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:
> Michael Erdmann <michael.erdmann@snafu.de> writes:
>

>>I simply want to store a list nodes of one kine in a special
>>memory pool with special features.
>

> You mean, like a free list?
No, the list structure you have seen is something which i like
to allocate in the pool.

> Maybe you shouldn't use storage pools at all.
The reason why i am using a pool is because i like to control
the behaviour of the pool it self.

> Just declare a function in the generic that returns an element
> of the free list?

The idea is to achieve some kind of object persistency by writing
out all objects allocated in the pool when the program is forced to
terminate. Additionally the pool is going to be located in a certain
pice of shared memory.

Since the pool knows the sturcture of the objects to be stored
there he is able to derefernce the pointers like Next when wiriting
it into a file.

Michael