From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Linking/aspect error. [OpenGL]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:59:53 +0200
Date: 2012-10-13T09:59:53+02:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:07:19 -0700 (PDT), Shark8 wrote:

> Taking the last entry, the one for glPopName corresponds to the following in TAO_GL.Functions.adb:
>     procedure glPopName
> 	with Import, Convention => stdcall[, link_name => "glPopName"];
> However, that particular error goes away if I use this form:
>     procedure glPopName; Pragma Import (StdCall, glPopName, "glPopName");
>
> {Omission of the link_name aspect makes the error display `glPopName@0'}
>
> My question is why the difference? Shouldn't the
> Import/convention/link_name be exactly equivalent to using the import
> pragma?

In pragma you specified the external name, in aspect you did the link name
(J.15.5). The link name (proper name of the entry point) has the @n suffix.
The compiler knows how to mangle the external name in order to get at the
link name. Normally you should not interfere.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov