* ANN PCAB 0.1
@ 2015-04-28 16:54 Ali Bendriss
From: Ali Bendriss @ 2015-04-28 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have put online PCAB, an Ada binding to libpcap.

The Ada thin layer is generated using the gcc binding generator.
There is as well a thick wrapper (pcap.ads) to hide most of the low level
stuff.

You may find more info + a download link by following this URL:
http://wiki.tele-solve.com/PacketCaptureAdaBinding

Please let me know if you have any idea of improvement.

thanks

Ali

* Re: ANN PCAB 0.1
@ 2015-04-28 17:13 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-04-28 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:54:59 +0000 (UTC), Ali Bendriss wrote:

> I have put online PCAB, an Ada binding to libpcap.
>
> The Ada thin layer is generated using the gcc binding generator.
> There is as well a thick wrapper (pcap.ads) to hide most of the low level
> stuff.
>
> You may find more info + a download link by following this URL:
> http://wiki.tele-solve.com/PacketCaptureAdaBinding
>
> Please let me know if you have any idea of improvement.

Would it work under Windows and VxWorks?

(Under Windows one needs a mapping of Ethernet adapter names onto devices)

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: ANN PCAB 0.1
@ 2015-04-29 12:34   ` Ali Bendriss
From: Ali Bendriss @ 2015-04-29 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:13:38 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> Would it work under Windows and VxWorks?
>
> (Under Windows one needs a mapping of Ethernet adapter names onto
> devices)

For Windows, it's already in my TODO list, I hope to have something ready
in a couple of weeks.

About VxWorks I've done a quick search on the web. I haven't found a port
of libpcap, so it will not work.
But there is a small C program called
vxsniff, so maybe it's possible to do something.
I need to check first if it's possible to get an evaluation version of
VxWorks.

* Re: ANN PCAB 0.1
@ 2015-04-30  7:25     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-04-30  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:34:24 +0000 (UTC), Ali Bendriss wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:13:38 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>
>> Would it work under Windows and VxWorks?
>>
>> (Under Windows one needs a mapping of Ethernet adapter names onto
>> devices)
>
> For Windows, it's already in my TODO list, I hope to have something ready
> in a couple of weeks.

That would be great. Will you load the NDIS driver upon loading the DLL (on
process attach) holding the bindings? And two versions of the DLL for 32
and 64-bit? Much work.

> About VxWorks I've done a quick search on the web. I haven't found a port
> of libpcap, so it will not work.
> But there is a small C program called
> vxsniff, so maybe it's possible to do something.
> I need to check first if it's possible to get an evaluation version of
> VxWorks.

AFAIK, there are evaluation versions from WindRiver. The architecture of
packet access under VxWorks is different from both Linux and Windows. There
is a multiplexer to hook on.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov