From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 11:45:17 +0200
Date: 2015-08-07T11:45:17+02:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 09:17:51 +0000 (UTC), Brian Drummond wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:23:54 -0700, Anh Vo wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:12:45 AM UTC-7, Sevenx Wasly wrote:
>>> "programming in ada 2012" have none sell in China.
>>>
>>> I love this book and I love Ada.
>>> Could you please share me the ebook, many thanks my gold.
>>
>> Can you buy online from Amazon,
>> http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Ada-2012-John-Barnes-ebook/dp/
> B00JXIIGMO,
>> over there?
>
> Possibly not for the ebook version. If I follow that link (in the UK),
> Amazon informs me that my ereader is registered to amazon.co.uk, and
> offers to redirect me to the local site, which might not make the book
> available (though for this book, the UK site does it).
>
> This stumped me in an attempt to "buy as a gift" for someone with an
> ereader registered in the US! Neither the UK nor the US site would let
> me... or perhaps the process was too obscure for anyone over the age of
> ten.
>
> Sadly, DRM has reached the point where it is easier to buy and ship paper
> and physical goods globally than electronic information.

It is quite simple to remove DRM from Kindle books, who trusts Amazon
keeping them available when your Kindle die?

I agree it is plain stupid. The same is with Steam. Their recent fiasco was
censoring games sold in Germany. People tried to get uncut versions
elsewhere without much success. So they just go to for pirated US and UK
copies.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov