* Announcing: Testing Computer Software Conference (TCS2001)
@ 2001-03-28 17:26 Peter Zuckerman
From: Peter Zuckerman @ 2001-03-28 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

        MASTER THE NEW CHALLENGES AND DEVELOPMENTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING!

              18th International Conference and Exposition on
                     TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE (TCS2001)

                             June 18-22, 2001

             Washington, D.C. * Hyatt Regency (Bethesda) * USA

          CONFERENCE THEME: Meeting the New Challenges of Testing

        Conference + Workshops + Tutorials + Exhibition + Networking

  A printed brochure can be downloaded and printed in a portable document
format (PDF) at:

           http://www.uspdi.org/conference/printbrochure.html

                                 * * * * *

The TCS2001 program is designed to prepare you for the current and
emerging challenges of software development.

- Two 2-day workshops and eight full day tutorials on advanced topics
  by leading experts of software testing
- Thirty-eight concurrent and parallel sessions in eight tracks present
  the latest developments in testing
- Vendor Exhibit of products and services to increase testing
  productivity
- Birds-of-a-Feather sessions and Discussion Groups to share mutual
  interests and solutions
- Conference Volume provides a useful reference for solving problems

The KEYNOTE speakers of TCS2001 will present:

"Real Time Priority and Risk Management for World Class Software Quality"
   by Tom Gilb
"Is That Your Final Answer? Surviving Cross Examination in the Courtroom"
   by Warren S. Reid
"Efficient Testing with a Measure to Select Testing Strategies"
   by John Musa
"Educators Join the Fray -- Tester Training for Undergraduates"
   by Edward L. Jones
"A World-Wide Web of Intrigue -- Deceptive Testing"
   by Simon Mills
"Wrap-up Session: Conference Reflections" by Marnie Hutcheson

The TCS2001 web site at http://www.uspdi.org/conference gives you all the
details of the sessions, speakers and other related information about the
Conference and location. You can also register on-line at:
http://www.uspdi.org/conference/register.html

You can register, obtain the printed TCS2001 brochure or get other
information by contacting us:

Regular Mail: USPDI, 612 Ethan Allen Avenue, Suite 100; Takoma Park,
              MD 20912-5400 (USA)
Phone:        (+1) 301-270-1033
Fax:          (+1) 301-270-1040
E-mail:       admin@uspdi.org (Subject: TCS2001)
Web:          http://www.uspdi.org/conference

                                    * * * * *

* Re: Announcing: Testing Computer Software Conference (TCS2001)
@ 2001-03-28 22:07 ` Phaedrus
From: Phaedrus @ 2001-03-28 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm always interested when I see phrases like "Testing Computer Software", if it
is meant to imply that they've discovered other kinds of software, that doesn't
require a computer.  If so, it should spawn a revolution, no longer will
software be
held to the bounds of computer hardware!  Imagine, infinite speed!

Phaedrus
*With too much time on his hands, apparently*

@ 2001-03-28 22:57   ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-03-28 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

The term "software" may have started as the counterpoint to computer
hardware, but I think it gets used quite a bit in other areas now. For
example, one buys or rents "software" for one's VCR or DVD.

The one that's always bothered me was the ACM - Association for Computing
Machinery? The last time I was at a meeting, there were no computing
machines in attendance - or even registered as members. (The AI field may
one day change this?) It is an association for *PEOPLE* with an interest in
computing machines. Maybe it should have been the "Association for Computing
Professionals" or something like that.

But I digress....... (Send the Usenet Cops out after me before I digress
again! :-)

MDC

--
Marin David Condic