From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Reusable software database
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:43:49 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-04-26T01:43:49-07:00	[thread overview]

Bertus Dries wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Is somewhere on the net a database, freeware, available of reusable software
> such as ADA Packages, C++ classes or Delphi units?
> As one of the presumed advantages of ADA  often reusability of packages is
> mentioned. That means that it is not necasary to invent the wheel all over
> again. If such a database is in existence I would like to hear it to see if
> I can use anything and possibly to donate something.
> If such a database is not available would it be an idea if it came into
> existence under the cover of GNU or something like that. Especially for ADA
> but also for the two other mentioned languages it may usefull. Even if
> commercial use of such a database was permitted under special conditions.

I think the closest thing there is to a central database is the Ada
Information Clearinghouse (http://www.adaic.org/).  Under Ada Links,
look at "Software Libraries" and "More Softare Libraries".  Free
software distributions like Debian, Gentoo or FreeBSD have package
databases which can also provide information.

--
Ludovic Brenta.