From: Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Question:  How do I establish a (.exe)  program link for immediate calling of my cipher programs from a computer desktop say.
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 01:58:49 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-03-06T01:58:49-08:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 9:48:43 AM UTC, MM wrote:
> On Friday, 6 March 2015 09:05:02 UTC, Austin Obyrne  wrote:
> > When you've all stopped laughing at this mundane question would somebody please put me right.
> >
> > My interest alone is in the core cipher programs that I write and store away in folders in my computer and I would like to make these programs more portable locally here at home.
> >
> > Apart from being a very good problem solver in Ada I have no pretention of being able to 'mix it' with the heavier developers in your group so I have no compunction about humbly slapping my soul on the table in this matter.
> >
> > I need to be able to do this as de rigueur in future with finished work because I want to make my stuff to be more transparent and user-friendly.
> >
> > Your help as always would be appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers - Austin O'Byrne
>
> Whenever you hit the 'Run ' button in your IDE, a .exe file is produced.
> That is how the program gets run.
>
> You will see these .exe files in all the .zip files you have uploaded
> to your web site. You will also see a bunch of .obj files, which are
> the compiled, but not yet linked files produced when each .adb (Ada
> source) file is compiled.
>
> Your Windows machine may not display the extensions by default,
> but you can turn them on. (Under the "View" option/tab, if I remember
> correctly.)

> --

<Whenever you hit the 'Run ' button in your IDE, a .exe file is produced.
<That is how the program gets run.

If I'm reading you correctly I have to open my folder and run the programs from there as .exe program files ?

What I would like to do is to move single programs from within any folder to other parts of my computer like say 'My Documents' in Windows and run them from there as standalone .exe or even say as part of an opening 'Welcome' page if that is feasible ?

Many thanks - Austin