From: "David C. Hoos, Sr" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 for SCO?
Date: 1998/09/04
Date: 1998-09-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Terry Devine wrote in message <35F07349.EE7@mitre.org>...
>Is anyone aware of an Ada 95 compiler (preferably with a full set of
>tools) for SCO?

Let me tell you my solution to the problem of the lack of SCO support from
the Ada community.  There is a surprisingly high proportion of POS machines
that run SCO, but I guess not too may people are doing that sort of work in
Ada.

I found that I could execute executables built on Linux (Red Hat 5.0) on SCO
5.0.2 with the aid of a Linux emulator which maps Linux system calls to SCO
system calls.

I don't have the information in presentable form at the moment, but if there
is interest, I can gather the stuff up in the next couple of days and put it
on my FTP site.

David C. Hoos, Sr.