From: mheaney@on2.com (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: Data Structure Choice for DOM
Date: 10 Mar 2003 18:04:16 -0800
Date: 2003-03-11T02:04:17+00:00	[thread overview]

"chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<oQ5aa.16185$EN3.130845@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>...

> In the DOM Level 3 spec, a NamedNodeMap is defined.  What's the best way
> to implement this? I'm implementing an OO version of the DOM Level 3
> spec (in Ada*) and this one is posing a problem just choosing the right
> implementation.  Under considering is a chained hash table and an AVL
> tree.  Both have their advantage but there may be a more appropriate
> choice of which I'm not aware.

The Charles library has both kinds of map structures.

charles.maps.sorted.unbounded
charles.maps.hashed.unbounded

There are also versions that have type String as the key.

charles.maps.sorted.strings.unbounded
charles.maps.hashed.strings.unbounded

The sorted versions is implemented using a red-black tree, which has
properties similar to an AVL tree.

http://home.earthlink.net/~matthewjheaney/charles/index.html