From: mheaney@on2.com (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: Charles: suggestion for reliability
Date: 13 Nov 2002 11:33:45 -0800
Date: 2002-11-13T19:33:46+00:00	[thread overview]

porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) wrote in message news:<3dd082fe$0$303$bed64819@news.gradwell.net>...
> I suggest to rename function Size in Charles to something like
> Physical_Size or Phys_Size or Allocation_Size because otherwise
> it is *too* confusing as one may use Size by mistake instead of
> Length. We need warning on using size. I an future version,
> please remove Size.

The term "size" as used in Charles is consistent with typical Ada
usage, and it refers the amount of physical storage consumed by the
object.

The term "length" is also consistent with typical Ada usage, and it
refers to the number of elements in the container.

Your suggestion is noted, and rejected.