From: briot.emmanuel@gmail.com
Subject: Re: installing Community 2018 gnatcoll on Debian vs -liconv
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 00:38:37 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-08-02T00:38:37-07:00	[thread overview]

lib iconv is in fact part of libc directly.

But apparently AdaCore forgot that detail (I guess in their context they find -liconv because it is part of gcc or some such). They wanted to simplify the setup by getting rid of `configure` (which is good for Windows
users), but they made things harder for most people...

The workaround I have found is to set the variable

        export GNATCOLL_ICONV_OPT" = "-lc"

Emmanuel