* any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-07  1:15 endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-06-07  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

hope?

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-07  2:32 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2016-06-07  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

<endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com> wrote:
> hope?

Do you mean a blog site about Ada or a blog engine written in Ada?

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-09 12:05   ` endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-06-09 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:32:03 PM UTC-4, Luke A. Guest wrote:
> <endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hope?
> >

> Do you mean a blog site about Ada or a blog engine written in Ada?

I mean a free site I can log in and blog powered by ada.

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-11 12:25     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2016-06-11 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

<endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:32:03 PM UTC-4, Luke A. Guest wrote:
>> <endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hope?
>>>

>> Do you mean a blog site about Ada or a blog engine written in Ada?
>
> I mean a free site I can log in and blog powered by ada.

Unlikely, but you could build your own.

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-11 14:37 ` Olivier Henley
From: Olivier Henley @ 2016-06-11 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 9:15:12 PM UTC-4, endlessboo...@gmail.com wrote:
> hope?

...making your own I suggest you start from the blog example that comes bundled with Gnoga:

https://sourceforge.net/p/gnoga/code/ci/master/tree/demo/adablog/

My two cents.

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-22 20:53     ` stephane.carrez
From: stephane.carrez @ 2016-06-22 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le jeudi 9 juin 2016 14:05:13 UTC+2, endlessboo...@gmail.com a écrit :
> On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:32:03 PM UTC-4, Luke A. Guest wrote:
> > <endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > hope?
> > >

> > Do you mean a blog site about Ada or a blog engine written in Ada?
>
> I mean a free site I can log in and blog powered by ada.

Have a look at AWA https://github.com/stcarrez/ada-awa

It provides a framework for web application with several plugins.
The blog, wiki and a document space plugin are provided out of the box.

I'm using this for my site http://blog.vacs.fr

All of this is written in Ada 2005 with AWS.

You can use http://demo.vacs.fr/atlas as a playground to try if you want.

Enjoy,

Stephane

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-24  1:19       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2016-06-24  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

The example I wrote for Gnoga was more of a test case, I wouldn't use it as the starting point for a site per se. AWA is a far more traditional web site development platform that may fit your needs better if everything is meant to be static. However it is trivial to build a very powerful blogging platform using Gnoga, just no one has done it yet.

Would make for a great (and easy) project that would easily demonstrate how it is possible to create an entire wordpress like platform with simple coding techniques one would use for Visual Basic like programming on a desktop app. With no need for complicated ideas like Ajax, JSON, etc. to ever enter your vocabulary :)

David Botton

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-27 19:00         ` endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-06-27 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:17:21 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> The example I wrote for Gnoga was more of a test case, I wouldn't use it as the starting point for a site per se. AWA is a far more traditional web site development platform that may fit your needs better if everything is meant to be static. However it is trivial to build a very powerful blogging platform using Gnoga, just no one has done it yet.
>
> Would make for a great (and easy) project that would easily demonstrate how it is possible to create an entire wordpress like platform with simple coding techniques one would use for Visual Basic like programming on a desktop app. With no need for complicated ideas like Ajax, JSON, etc. to ever enter your vocabulary :)
>
> David Botton

so I program in ada, and gonga worries about howto make website dynamic.
?

problem abstracted away?

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-28  1:14           ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2016-06-28  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnoga everything is always stateful and dynamic, problem is abstracted away. That is the awesomeness of Gnoga. You write for the web like you would for a multi-user desktop app.

Ok, no 100% true, because you _could_ write your app in an old style web fashion (in fact that is the purpose of the Gnoga blog example, it shows you how you _could_ do that, not per se that you should).

David Botton

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-29 15:15             ` endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-06-29 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 9:14:58 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> Gnoga everything is always stateful and dynamic, problem is abstracted away. That is the awesomeness of Gnoga. You write for the web like you would for a multi-user desktop app.
>
> Ok, no 100% true, because you _could_ write your app in an old style web fashion (in fact that is the purpose of the Gnoga blog example, it shows you how you _could_ do that, not per se that you should).
>
> David Botton

I have not done a desktop app.
What does it mean to write in desktop app style?
Is this simpler I am guessing that web stuff?
How long would you say someone to learn ada programming if now know only bash well.
No programming in real language experience?
I think I saw a learn ada now site for learning.

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-29 15:16             ` endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-06-29 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 9:14:58 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> Gnoga everything is always stateful and dynamic, problem is abstracted away. That is the awesomeness of Gnoga. You write for the web like you would for a multi-user desktop app.
>
> Ok, no 100% true, because you _could_ write your app in an old style web fashion (in fact that is the purpose of the Gnoga blog example, it shows you how you _could_ do that, not per se that you should).
>
> David Botton

Does Gnoga run well on Freebsd?

* Re: any free blog site in ada ? like livejournal but less ads?
@ 2016-06-29 18:33 ` endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-06-29 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

so as a gnoga demo, why doesn't someone put up a free blog site?  I would use it!!!

Maybe a university could donate a little hosting I dunno.

hmmmmmm

Does gnoga sell t shirts?

I might support it with a t shirt purchase.